Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rundll32 has stopped working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RILEYS1

RILEYS1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:01 PM

I am into computer games and I am using Windows Vista home premium with 32 bits, 3G and an Nvidia Geforce 8200. I often play on Second Life using their viewer or the new Phoenix viewer. My computer is 6 months old. I got an update advisement for the Nvidia driver. When I did this, I could no longer use Second Life or any of the game viewers. I never had a problem before. I ended up uninstalling the update and went back to having no issues once the update was removed. I don't know if this is important but the other day I was using my Stardock Impulse Dreamscapes program to change my desktop to an animated one. I hadn't used it in a while and it had an update. After I did the update I noticed when I next turned on my computer I got the "Windows host process Rundll32 has stopped working message". When the computer checked for a solution, it advised me to update the Nvidia driver. I did the update anyway thinking it might cause conflict with my gaming. After I updated, I no longer got the Rundll32 error message but once again I could no longer access the game. I did a system restore back a few days when everything was fine and now I can access the games but I am still getting the Rundll32 error message. I tried going to Nvidia and doing an re-instal on the driver but it is already updated there and leaves me back to no gaming. At this point I have the option to have no gaming OR no error message. I am looking for a solution if anyone has an idea. These are my other error messages from the event viewer if it helps:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected. Event ID 10

Faulting application rundll32.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549b0e1, faulting module NvCpl.dll, version 7.15.11.8250, time stamp 0x49cd2cfc, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000e6f04, process id 0xfa0, application start time 0x01cb851bc17896a1. Event ID 100

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 of d:\longhorn\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error. Event ID 4609

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users