Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aol Sucks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 :) :(

:) :(

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:57 PM

i've gotten rid of aol about a few months ago and for awhile i've been getting bills still paying for aol. I call them up and they tell me to just log off on the aol program. The problem is i dont have the program anymore. When i was speaking to them they asked me for my password and stuff and i didn't even have any of that stuff. They said if you dont know the things then they have no way to help me, what kind of bs is this. reply if you hate aol.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:16 PM

If you're paying them with a credit card write your credit card issuer and dispute the charge.

Write customer service Registered Mail at AOL and tell them the story and that you insist they cancel your account and refund whatever they owe you and to definitely not bill you again.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:02 AM

~ Even after AOL has had fines levied against them and been ordered to change thier custumor service practices. They continue to use thier ploy's against customers. It is an outrage. :thumbsup:

Google Search Results / AOL Fined

AOL: You Can Check In, But How Do You Check Out?

Cancel by Phone
Let us help: if you want to cancel your AOL account, go to http://www.aol.com/nethelp/findinghelponaol.html That page has the magic, semi-hidden, cancel-my-AOL-account-please phone number, which is actually 1-888-265-8008 (unfortunately, you can't cancel your account by email; you'll need to do it by phone).

If that number is busy and AOL won't let you wait for the next available agent to help you cancel, you can also try the general AOL Billing Services number, 1-800-827-6364.

Other Options
If you prefer, you can send a cancellation request via fax (801-622-7969) or U.S. mail. AOL's mailing address is

America Online
Box 1600
Ogden, UT 84401

If you write or fax AOL, you must include your full name, address, phone number, and AOL primary username, and specify that you'd like your account cancelled.

* Ask that a confirmation of your cancellation be faxed or mailed to your home address.
You may even wish to consider contacting the Attorney General in your state regarding this issue.

Edited by Scarlett, 27 November 2005 - 01:28 AM.

Posted Image

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:40 AM

American Off Line
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic