Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PLEASE HELP~ My graphics are all screwed up, driver deleted??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mcummings

mcummings

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

For some reason my computer is totally messed up. I think I deleted something by mistake. My fonts, icons, etc...on my monitor are huge, like in safe mode. I've been told so many different things I am so confused. I downloaded a new driver, but the guy that was helping me on computerhope left without finishing helping me, so I have all these files that I can't do anything with. Please help me. I've been on computerhope for 3 days and they don't care if they help anyone or not.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bradumd

bradumd

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hi! Welcome to Bleeping Computer :thumbsup:

Let's try to get a little bit more information on your situation here.

Download speccy and follow this tutorial to publish a screenshot.

Do you happen to remember exactly when and how the problem started occurring?

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Hopefully the help you need will be provided here from Bleepingcomputer. :thumbup2:

If you could please post the following information, we will be able to assist you better.

The make and model number of your computer.

The make and model of your graphics card.

The operating system you are currently using.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 Crazy49er

Crazy49er

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

Alright, first things first ...

We need to know a little about your system. Download this program "Speccy" From THIS LINK It should start automatically. Save it and run the installation. Next once the installation is done you need to run the program and let it scan your PC and give you a list of parts that it finds. Once it looks to be completed, within the program go to File > Publish Snapshot > Click YES > Copy that blueish line of text that looks like a webpage address.

Once you have it copied, paste that page address here for us to get an idea what you have on your system. This includes the graphics card (the source of your problems)

I was too slow, you win this round bradumd! *shakes fist*

Edited by Crazy49er, 15 November 2010 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users