Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC ready to explode and my keyboard refuses to work.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Master Qiang

Master Qiang

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

Like the title says, can someone help? I have a dell dimension 3000 and I am scared to turn it off because the power supply is about to fail. My keyboard is a wireless that plugs into the USP cable and it stopped working and i am using an on screen keyboard which makes me spend 20 minutes posting my problem. Why wont it work? i have no spar and no money and I am scared to turn off the PC. My computer is slowing to a halt, please help me solve the keyboard problem because I know it gets power due to the light. Also the case around the PC is falling a part. My finger hurts from ciking evry letter thanks. :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

What makes you believe that your PSU is failing?

Have you tried this keyboard on another computer to make sure it's the keyboard that has the problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Master Qiang

Master Qiang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

I have been here before about the PCU problem, and no I haven't...it works fine then randomly shuts off.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

What make you believe that the PSU is failing?

I have been here before about the PCU problem,

It is beginning to look like we have a problem with the proper names of the components. I'm guessing you meant CPU (Central Processing Unit), not PCU. This still doesn't explain why you believe the PSU (Power Supply Unit) is failing.

Have you tried this keyboard on another computer to determine if the problem is the keyboard or your computer?

no I haven't...it works fine then randomly shuts off.

Have you tried fresh batteries with the keyboard?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Master Qiang

Master Qiang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

Nah,its the PSU. Last time I was here my PC was freezing up and it taken forever to boot up and made weird noises going on and off(still does) I feel kind of dumb now not checking the batteries in the back, I guess I expected the keyboard to work magically. Thanks for solving the keyboard problem, also I did a defrag and hopefully that speeds up my PC some. My PC is so old. How do I check the age of the dell dimension 3000?

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

You can also do a disk clean up which may improve you speed a little bit.

Glad your keyboard problem was that simple.

I would think that you could Google to see how old your computer is.

What kind of noise is your computer making, and where is it coming from?

#7 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

I assisted originally with the power supply issue
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic359888.html
The fans are loud and the system will not turn on sometimes

Louis had a good idea suggesting that the power supply be swaped with your father's ssytem to confirm that it is the power supply

What do you mean that the case around the PC is falling apart?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#8 Master Qiang

Master Qiang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

I will look up the making on Google, and the front part of the PC tends to fall off once in a while. I think it might be just about time to retire this piece of junk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users