Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google re-direct problems - possible malware infection.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TomRogers

TomRogers

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

Hello,

I hope someone can assist me.

I use Google Chrome as my internet browser. Just in the last few days, when I have tried to carry out searches through the URL field (as opposed to the Google search field), the browser re-directs to www.resultsbar.com, rather than a Google results page. This brings up irrelevant search results.

I understand this is a common problem, but I cannot seem to find a published solution. It's not a critical problem in and of itself, however there is the possibility there might be a malware infection. Does anyone know what can be done to correct the situation with the Google searches?

I have already tried de-installing and re-installing Google Chrome, and this makes no difference. This is why I suspect malware of some kind may be causing this. Occasionally, as part of my work, I do have to install documents and images which are subject to a malware or disruptive content warning. However, I have not experienced this particular problem before, nor any other significant difficulties caused by malware.

I would be grateful for any input that can be provided. I am not technically qualified in the computing field, so I apologise if my information seems vague or incomplete, or if there are inaccuracies.

Regards,
Tom.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users