Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

non-smartphone

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bignight2

bignight2

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

Hi I was curious what was the closest touchscreen non-smart phone to smart, I have metro pcs and it is 40 a month compared to the 50 if it is a smartphone, am i better off getting a similar phone and save the 10 a month or not, thanks for replies

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AleX

AleX

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

I don't get what you want.

First of all, what cell phone have you got?

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

I don't believe there is a 'touch screen' non smart phone supported by metro PCS. The point of touch screen is to make it easier to manipulate apps, which makes it a 'smart phone'.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

The only non-smartphone with a touchscreen I know of is the LG Envy. It's a "media" phone (as described by Verizon) so weather or not Metro would call it a smartphone is up in the air, compared to the Blackberry, iPhone, or a Android based phone it's not a smartphone by any stretch. It plays music, browses the web but has no email capability and there are not apps (or way to install them) for it to my knowledge.

Verizon charges an extra fee to have this kind of phone. Also I don't know if it is available for the 1700Mhz or 1900Mhz channels Metro uses.

Edited by BlackSpyder, 02 December 2010 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image

#5 bignight2

bignight2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

Huawei M750 on metro site is touchtone and only a 40$ a month bill so not a smart phone all there smartphone plans are 50 a month, I heard Droid incredible phone can be flashed to metro pcs. Only 40.00 a month

#6 gazjd

gazjd

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:47 AM

Huawei M750 on metro site is touchtone and only a 40$ a month bill so not a smart phone all there smartphone plans are 50 a month, I heard Droid incredible phone can be flashed to metro pcs. Only 40.00 a month

in my experiance id stay well away from the huawei phones, the "touch screen" is unbearable to live with ;)
(INSERT SOMETHING FUNNY HERE<<<<<)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users