Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scravens

scravens

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:49 AM

Hello and thank you to whom ever will help me with my inquiry. I have had windows 7 for some time now and have loved it. Yet every now and then, especially after waking my computer up from hibernation, I notice that there is a sound as if I had gone into "my documents" and selected a folder. It is the sound that windows makes when you click on any folder and when you navigate using the back and forward arrows in any folder of yours. This sound happens when I have done nothing. I hear it and it only happens once. I have had no noticeable slow down or security issues and tried googeling my problem but couldn't find an answer. I run Mcafee Security Suite with Immunet Protect running along side it (which the publisher says won't conflict with the security suite). I also have malwarebytes and none of my security programs have found anything suspicious.

Can you help me explain this random occurrence?

Thank you in advance and I will check back daily.

Sam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

I would recommend that you pick one Real Time Scanner and stick with it and remove the other. As they can conflict with each other.

Try not putting your computer in hibernation, and see if it stops.

#3 scravens

scravens
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:31 PM

Cryptodan,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I will do as you suggest and see what happens. Does this sound like anything serious?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users