I have some sort of malware (I think SPYWARE REMOVER) and I can barely use my computer.
- Prevents me from using almost any executable, even Notepad and TaskManager! I only managed to start up Malwarebytes by doing the rename trick mentioned
[Always get "Security Warning Application cannot be executed. The file <name>.exe is infected. Do you want to activate you antivirus software now?]
- I get various "antivirus software alert" [INFILTRATION ALERT / Your computer is being attacked by an internt virus. It could be a password-stealing attack, a trojan - dropepr or similar. DTETAILS / etc...]
- Another one is pop-up "antivirus software alert" [ATTENTION ! SPYWARE ALERT]
- Another one is "Windows security alert" [Windows reports that your computer is infected. etc...]
- IE opens every couple of minutes (I use firefow usually) and opens a porn site.
I ran the demo version of Malwarebytes and only one file was found and it didn't fix the problem. I would buy the full version but I don't want to do it if its not going to find anything.[Remember I can't open notepad so here is the name of the file found and quarentined (can't give log) "Rogue.Link C\Users\Name\Desktop\Click to Find and Fix errors.lnk"]
I was told to try and kill a spp.exe processes (or is it ssp.exe?) but I can't open taskmanager to do so. And I don't know where to look to delete it via command prompt.
Can't even check my firewall because its an executable...
I am of average computer literate level but I've never had a problem to this level. Can any one walk me through this and help? Getting kind of worried...
Edited by Orange Blossom, 15 November 2010 - 02:58 PM.
Move to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB