Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2003 Service Pack 2 Installation Failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jent

Jent

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:06 PM

I've been trying for at least a month to get the Office 2003 service pack 2 to install, and it keeps reporting failure over and over again, with the same code: 0x80070663

HOWEVER, a search on the Microsoft site and Google shows nothing but a lot of other people with my same error code - and nothing else! I can't even find an explanation at the Microsoft site for what this means (though I do find other error code explanations).

Does anyone have any idea what this code means, and how to get the service pack to finally install?

Thanks!

Jent

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:53 PM

Jent:

I found 2 links that may be of some help.

How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation from the Office Update Web site

and this...

Error number: 0x8024D007

Thanks,
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users