Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I recover Outlook Express files after customer install of Win7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cwmidwest

cwmidwest

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:41 PM

Hello, This is cwmidwest from central US and I like to help people resolve PC problems and find answers for myself to problems such as this one:
I recently did a customer install to WinXP PC with Outlook Express. I failed to export msgs and address book to Outlook before using Windows Easy Transfer. This makes getting email & msgs to Outlook more difficult. I have been able to find and convert some of the .dbx files in windows.old and convert them to .pst, but I'm having problems importing them into Outlook and the .wab file shows it has completed the import, but no contacts are displayed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 20 January 2012 - 05:33 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users