I've recently realised I've been hit with the google redirect bug. As I was browsing websites, I constantly noticed google would take me to the completely wrong website. What I did was quickly click back on my mouse, and just proceed onwards. I decided to uninstall G Chrome and start anew - I figured a simple reinstall may iron out anything that had affected it. When I tried to install, it said I had to restart, and when I came back, I had the lovely Security Tool program affecting my PC.
I am currently following the guide on BC now to remove Security Tool (MalwareBytes is scanning now), but I figure that I should come here to get proper advice as to how I should remove the redirect bug, to prevent this from happening again. I am writing this on my laptop, and its 1am so I will be heading to sleep whilst MalwareBytes scans. I'll respond asap when I wake up.
Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 November 2010 - 07:17 PM.
Move to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB