Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fake security tools infection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smatka

smatka

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:38 AM

Hi, can anyone tell me how to get my hijack this file?

I'm having major problems with 'security tool' which seems to have installed itself on mylaptop!

I keep getting pop us every 30 seconds or so telling me i have numerous various viruses, eg,

rundll32.exe is infected with.... virus.dos.vlad.syst.231..... with trojan-psw.win32.gip.108.... with exploit.html.ascii.ae....... with trojan-psw.win32.small.ae...... i'm getting loads and loads...... rstrui.exe is infected with backdoor.win.32-ra-based....... with virus.dos.protovirus.720.a..... virus.crasher.659...... virus.shifter and many many more. all with different endings and exe's???????

Then, some times the screen just goes blue and a message appears 'a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer......... error spcmdcom.sys....... page_fault_in_nonpages_area?????? When this happens, the computer auto shuts off and reboots.

I can't remove hardware, system restore, etc - keep getting the pop ups every time i try to do anything.

Also, keep getting messages saying passwors and credit card details are at risk!

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

Have a look at the removal guide linked below. Is this what you have on your system? If it is, please follow the removal guide closely, and then post the MBAM log in this thread when you have completed the instructions, and let us know how your computer is running then.

Remove Security Tool and SecurityTool (Uninstall Guide)
Posted by Grinler on September 25, 2009
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-tool

Note: Step #13
"Once the file has been downloaded, open the C:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ folder and double-click on the file you downloaded in step 14."

This should read "you downloaded in step 12."

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#3 smatka

smatka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:21 AM

Thanks
That is the problem I am facing.
I followed the guide when I run rkill it opens the program and cleses it within 2 seconds.
In the log I get service stopped

What should I do ?

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

Hello smatka

Did you complete the removal guide? How is the system running now?

Please post the MBAM log

Open MBAM > Logs

Copy and paste the entire log in your next post please.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users