Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP unique keyboard shortcut problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nobody17

Nobody17

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:17 AM

Hi there,

I've been using Windows XP Home edition for a few years now, and the last few days I've been having a problem typing the letter 'X' - I've tested my keyboard by using a new keyboard, and have the same problem, so it appears to be a short cut problem and not a hardware issue at all. The problem is that every time I type the letter 'X' in small letters, it shuts down the page I'm typing in and pops up another page - whatever else I have open. It does this in Gmail, search engines, MS Word, and basically every programme you can use to type, including Outlook and Notepad.

Does anyone know how this happened and, more importantly, how I can fiX this problem?? My work is writing so this is seriously annoying.

Thanks in advance.
Vanessa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users