Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CONDENSER MICROPHONE PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iabhorproblems

iabhorproblems

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hey so I have a Samson CO1U condenser microphone
that I bought used so i don't know if it has warranty. Well it was working fine until suddenly as i was singing into it, it just died. After opening the microphone up and pushing and pulling on some of the wires, it started to work again. However, the second time I used it the next day it suddenly stopped working again, so I opened it up and this time after (softly) pushing and gently tugging on one of the wires (the yellow one), I accidentally pulled it out of the connector board. How should I go about it in fixing it??

I'm not certain if just using electrical tape to connect the yellow wire back to the board will solve the problem, since it didn't really work before i pulled out the yellow wire without messing with the wires.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MelissaPleases

MelissaPleases

• Members
  • 570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

I'm not an expert on microphone repairs, but I do sing with a band, so I use a mic a lot. My best adice is to give you two options. First option, and the best, IMO, is to buy a new mic. If you can't afford one, then either you or someone you know who has decent soldering skills will need to re-solder the wire to the board.

Edited by MelissaPleases, 16 November 2010 - 11:51 AM.

~   Notorious Thread Killer   ~

Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Full ATX | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 512-Bit | PSU: EVGA 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SDRAM [4x8GB] Audio: Integrated Creative Sound Core 3D 5.1 | Internal Storage: Samsung 2 TB HDD | Seagate 1 TB HDD | Samsung 500GB SSD [x2] | Mushkin 500GB SSD | External Storage: Seagate 2TB | Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS324 Dual Layer

Display 1: AOC I2757Fh 27" | Display 2 & 3: LG 24MP57HQ-P 24" | Operating Systems: OS 1: Windows 10 Professional | OS 2: Linux Mint Cinnamon | OS 3: Windows 7 Ultimate x-64 | Antivirus: MS Security Essentials | Firewall: Windows Firewall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users