Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Self Initiating Pop-ups (adultfriendfinder) And Dialer Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chakhaas

chakhaas

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:53 AM

Hi all,

I need some help with a problem when I'm surfing on the net...Last week I was trying to download some things off the internet when a certain pop-window saying "Installing premium Microsoft windows" suddenly came up and began to download (it was real fast). I got a new taskbar called 'Mirar' which I later uninstalled by downloading an uninstaller off the net but I've been left with two other problems:

1. A pop-up browser for adultfriendfinder.com keeps coming up by itself, often randomly but freqency is about once/twice for the period I am on the net. It also came up when I was paying a bill by my credit card which was quite scary (I actually rang up to disable the card).

2. I use a dial-up conection and when I try to connect the 'window to connect''s display keeps changing everytime I reboot the computer. A foreign number is displayed as default and I had to keep making another internet connection everytime I needed to dial in.

I have downloaded Trend Micro Anti-Spyware and have scanned and cleaned my computer with it.

This has removed the dialer problem (the foreign number has been removed as default but the display window still doesn't show username or password).

But the adultfriendfinder.com pop-up box still keeps popping up.

My knowledge of computing is beginner level and after reading several forums I have seen many people recommending "Hijackthis".

If anyone could enlighten me on what I should do next, it would be reallllllllly appreciated.

Anxious:

Chakhaas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:58 AM

Hello Chakhaas and welcome to BC.

Your best option right now is to submit a HiJack This Log for our team to review. See Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer. Include a link to this post or add this info as it will be relevant for our Team member.

Our HiJack Team are all volunteers and are very busy right now. You should receive a reply in 2-3 days. Please wait until a team member posts to your thread. Since our submitted logs are lined up by date and time, if you were to post into that topic before a team member replies, that reply would be the new date and time thus moving you backwards in the line. Once you do receive a reply things will move along quickly. If you do not receive a reply in five days post a notice here.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users