Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E:\ is not accessible Incorrect function

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lmattr30

lmattr30

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

Dell XPS 410 1GB-Ram 232-HD XP Home Edition. I have used Nero7 fore a long time and used DVD+RW for DVD burning. The last item I burned was an ISO image of SQL Server2008. I then installed the express personal stand alone edition. I Have not made any other changes, but now my E: drive will not read a blank DVD+RW's or DVD-RW's. Every time I try to burn a DVD, I get a put a DVD in the drive window. If I try to open the Drive I get the response of (E:\ is not accessible Incorrect function. It will still read and play previously burned DVDs. My other drive will reply to put a disk in the drive. I'm really confused. Is this a setting, command, or could my drive be going bad. My system is 4yrs old. Drive TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-H553A .Any help would be very much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Try removing Nero, and using something else. I used to have this issue with older software on updated windows. I once lost all my CD-ROM's when using an outdated Roxio, and that was fixed with updating. I would recommend doing the same.

#3 lmattr30

lmattr30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

Thanks, Bleepin Madman. I'll try the updates.

#4 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

One of the things you must be aware of for more reasons than one is that updating Windows and all of your other applications is important regardless of what might happen. One thing that corporations are afraid of is that updates cause problems, which they can, but it hasn't happened in a long time, at least not on Windows. So don't leave older versions of programs on your computer even if they are running fine.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users