Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.
If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having
, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
Upon completing the steps below another staff member
will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.
If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.
Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:
Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice
Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:
How to create a GMER logScan With RKUnHooker
- Please Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.
Note** it is zipped up in a .rar file - If you do not have a program to unzip this type of file -
you can get a free one from here - http://www.7-zip.org/
- Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.
- Click the Report tab, then click Scan.
- Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.
- Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.
- Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.
Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.
Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"
Download Bootkit remover
to your desktop
1. Extract the file to your desktop.
2. Double click Remover.exe
to run it (Right click and run as Administrator for Vista).
3. It will show a Black screen with some data on it.
4. Right click on the screen and choose Select All
5. Press Control+C (to copy the data).
6. Open a notepad, Click on Edit tab > paste.
7. Exit the Remover.exe window.
8. Please post the contents of the notepad when you reply.
Once you have posted the logs I will proceed in helping with your malware issues.