Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows explorer Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 palak

palak

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

Hi all,

I am unable to access My Computer, Control Panel or even IE.
It gives me the following message:

"Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I used Hijackthis application to get a log file. Before deleting i want to be sure that i do not delete some important system application.
Attached is the log file for consideration. Please help me in this regard.

Regards,
Palak Attached File  startuplist.txt   8.12KB   4 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

Hi :).

I'm not sure what you are asking.

Review that startup list for what?

<<Before deleting i want to be sure that i do not delete some important system application.>>

Before deleting what?

What you submitted does not appear to be typical HJT log output...which is routinely channeled to the appropriate malware forum. No one in the XP forum has the training/expertise to review a typical HJT log.

My problem is that what you submitted doesn't appear to be such...and I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by submitting it.

If you can explain more fully, that will help me decide what steps to take.

If you truly have a typical HJT log or a malware situation, then I suggest that you post in the appropriate forum...following the admin rules there.

Please read and complete Steps 7 thru 9 at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

After the logs are created, post them in the appropriate forum, Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 13 November 2010 - 09:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users