Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free-lance Writer / Consultant / Networker

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tom King

Tom King

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:15 AM

I started with an IBM XT with both 5-1/2 inch and 3-1/2 inch disk drives, 64K RAM and CGA monitor.

I graduated to 10 GB hard drive on a Pentium and used WordPerfect exclusively until Microsoft mucked it up by changing the Windows 95 OS and disabling WordPerfect's functionality. Later added a Compaq with 512K RAM and a 40 Gb hard drive and bought a used copy of MS Office 2000. I picked up Adobe Pagemaker and Photoshop and MS Office and started learning photo work and desktop publishing. Bumped up twice more till I have a Gateway with 1 GB ram and 120GB IDE and 350GB SATA drives. Stuck with XP because I couldn't afford to buy new versions of my Adobe software.

I believe the future of the Internet is easy to use, durable software that makes it easy for users to produce high quality content and doesn't force you to relearn skills every year.

Tom King - Tyler, TX

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:51 AM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users