Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Counter strike.. soo sloww

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hjusufovic

hjusufovic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

hi everyone,

my husband LOOOOVEEES counterstrike ( a lil too much) ,but its running so slow on our computer! First, it takes forever to load up, and then once hes in the game it lags, which is really frustrating for him!! He's gone into all the game settings and with me looking over his shoulder theres nothing in there that we can find to speed it up.. I thought we may have some programs running in the background so i poked around in windows, deleted a whole bunch of crap that we didnt need, told him to try again and same thing. What are some issues that could cause everthing to slow down, just for his game??? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

Cleaning out the inside of the case with compressed air can't hurt. If you haven't done it in a while, it could help. It could also be your internet, if its giving you really high latency.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 Kram B

Kram B

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

Have you cleaned our your computer physically and software wise?

As stated above, use those compressed air to spray all your fans, heatsinks, and anything you can think of. Just make sure you don't touch anything!

Also, remove unwanted programs or applications, defrag your hardrive, clean your %temp%, remove spyware or adware, fix registry; basic stuff.

Perhaps upgrade your hardware, more RAM, better CPU, faster HDD or get an SSD. These are things you need to think about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users