Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows automated installations, good thing to learn?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

Hi all,
I have recently downloaded the Windows Automated installation kit, and I know that Microsoft in no way designed it for this purpose, but do you think that it's a worthy thing for me to learn since I'm a blind user who doesn't want to rely on sighted assistance for Windows installations? And not to mention that it'd be a cool thing to be able to do. Tell me what you guys think. Though it's mostly point-click functionality, is there something better i could be doing with my tech life than learning that? Thanks. All opinions, pros, cons ... are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Chromebuster

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

That me sounds like it would be a worth while project to head up. Tell us how it goes.

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

I most certainly will tell you how everything goes. That's if I don't mess it up first. It's funny how things that Microsoft thinks are used in corporate environments are now found in people's houses. If they really wanted to restrict it to corporate environments, would they not make it harder for the general populous to get? Just a question.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users