Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Laptop Screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chaz24

Chaz24

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

Hi,

I would like to get some advise regarding a Presario V612OUS laptop screen. While using the laptop the screen started flashing gray and white. Only way to shut the laptop down was to hold down the start button. After a restart the led indicators were flashing but the screen stayed black. Have done a hard reset and verified the memory card was seated properly. Also tried to check the bios but without the screen that was useless. Any suggestions what might have happened and how to fix is appreciated.

Thank you,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

If you have an external monitor you could connect it via the VGA. If it works then you know that the problem is with the screen. If it doesn't, then you know that the problem is the laptop graphics.

I couldn't find any information for the model that you posted. Is it a typo?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Chaz24

Chaz24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:33 AM

Thanks for your response. Sorry but I did type the model number incorrectly. What I typed as the letter O should have been a zero 0. Correct model is Presario V6120US.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:03 AM

Did you try using an external monitor?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Chaz24

Chaz24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

Just finished trying the laptop with an external monitor. The laptop belongs to my daughter so I just got my first look at the problem. First of all I pressed the fn - F4 continually and saw nothing on either the laptop or the external screen. It also seems that the laptop is cycling. Unfortunately all I see are the led lights but they seem to go off and then start again like it is rebooting. Can hear the fan running. Thanks for your help.

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:01 PM

Try removing the battery and turning it back on. Could be the battery is bad.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users