Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Language Monitors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mariba

Mariba

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

Hi,

I'm new, and my computer saavy equals that of my experience to this forum. So as far as I'm concerned, you're all experts. I've recently run into some problems re-installing my Lexmark P3150 all-in-one printer onto my Toshiba laptop. I'm running Windows XP Home version. The error message states; Specified Print Monitor is Unknown. I have tried installing it automatically, via the driver on the Lexmark website, and with the original Lexmark installation disc, to no avail.
I found an article on the Microsoft website, (314486) but cannot find what they are describing as far as "right-click the Printer.inf file, where Printer is the name of your printer" in Windows Explorer. I thought that maybe they were talking about the Command Prompt, but it states the command is invalid. Any suggestions? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 26 November 2005 - 11:07 AM

Hello Mariba and welcome to BC.

where Printer is the name of your printer

Go to Start>Find>Find files and folders and do a search for Lexmark. The file extension will be .inf and you can right click and follow the instructions from there.

If not found try again after showing Hidden Files. How to see hidden files in Windows

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Mariba

Mariba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:44 PM

Hi Leurgy,

Let me start out by apologizing for posting my query in the wrong area, thanks for moving it. I wasn't aware that there was more steps to showing hidden files and folders, thanks for making me aware of it. After searching unsuccessfully for the afore mentioned .inf file, I tried running sfc /scannow with my XP installation disc, to see if my problems were a result of corrupt or missing files. No such luck. I punched Language Monitor into the Microsoft website, and theres a section on how to add one, or how to add a Print Monitor, (which, If I am understanding Microsoft correctly, are the same thing?) but that back tracks to understanding .inf files, which then backtracks to DLL files, which branches off to - I think you see my point. I'm not sure what I can do at this point, I am at a total loss. (I was trying to avoid going back to the G*** Squad). Got any ideas?

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:49 PM

Your printer manual is here.

Try this:

[quote]Removing and reinstalling the software

If the AIO software is not functioning properly or a communications error
message displays when you try to use the AIO, you may need to remove
and then reinstall the AIO software.
1 From the desktop, click Start Programs
Lexmark 3100 Series Uninstall Lexmark 3100 Series.
2 Follow the instructions on the computer screen to remove the AIO
software.
3 Restart the computer before reinstalling the software.
4 Insert the CD and follow the instructions on the computer screen to
install the software. For help, refer to the setup documentation.

Checking your port setting

1 Click Start Settings Printers.
Windows XP users, click Start Control Panel Printers and
Other Hardware Printers and Faxes.
2 Right-click the Lexmark 3100 Series printer icon.
3 From the sidebar menu, select Properties.
4 Windows 2000 or Windows XP users, click the Ports tab.
5 Make sure:
• The port is set to a USB port.
• File is not set as the port.
Note: If USB port is not listed, you need to remove and then
reinstall the AIO software (see page 53).

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users