Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

telephone book

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

If a person who has a cell phone wants to get his cell phone number in the white pages of the telephone book, exactly what would he/she do? Thank you. Murrar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cps68500

cps68500

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

I do not believe you can. But, you can take out a yellow pages ad, lol.

#3 velma

velma

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

I do not believe you can. But, you can take out a yellow pages ad, lol.

:hysterical: funny one!

#4 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:57 AM

(This thread is a bit old, but I just saw it.)

Lots of variables here, starting with "What telephone book?"

In my neighborhood we get "phone books" with white page residential listings from two (some years, three) companies -- only one of which is the land line "telephone company." And, to make matters more complicated, the traditional land line telephone company (Verizon) is trying very hard to stop sending out directories with white pages (residential) listings. I believe they've already received the okay in Pennsylvania to stop delivering white pages unless a particular resident specifically requests it -- <HERE>. Yellow page commercial books will still go out -- they get paid to do that.

Anyway, if you replaced your land line with a cell phone it's unlikely that the land line phone company will be interested in providing a listing. Unless you buy a listing, of course. When I worked for a telephone company in the 80s it was possible to buy white pages listings -- usually to get your phone listed in a more popular neighboring exchange, or in the same book as a relative, etc. You'd have to call.

Edited by Capn Easy, 30 December 2010 - 03:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users