Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 havenoidea

havenoidea

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:11 PM

I was trying to view a cd of my grandkids, got a bsod with this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
running win 7 on a dell xps. this was upgraded from vista.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

The BAD_POOL_HEADER blue screen can occur when Windows 7 fails to allocate memory correctly when a pool header is corrupt.
Common causes of this error are:

* Bugs in system drivers
* Anti-virus issue

You should also make sure that your system is fully updated with the latest service packs (via Windows Update).

Should this BSOD error persist, you can revert your Windows installation back to an earlier point in time using System Restore. Booting in to safe mode should prompt for this option once you are at the desktop.

Caused By Driver : fltmgr.sys It looks like the crash occurred in fshs.sys (C:\Program Files\Internet Security\HIPS\drivers\fshs.sys). This is often an anti-virus security conflict. You could try to uninstall and reinstall the software. Also ensure there aren't any compatibility issues between Win7 and your AV. You can check for a link to a Windows 7 compatible version of your Antivirus product here.

Let me know, there are many ways to approach this issue.

Caused By Driver : ntkrnlpa.exe I found this in a forum:

I found out what my problem was, the Optical Drive. Should've noticed it before but i am a crazy multi-tasker, makes it hard to pinpoint my problem when there are many sources that might cause it.

It just seems to cause a BSOD when i insert one of the DVDs i own. The rest of my CDs/DVDs seem to work fine.

So, before we try to troubleshoot this driver any other way, You'll need to make sure if this BSOD is only occurring with this particular DVD or not.
| A+ | Net+ | MCDST | MCITP |

"...if ever I have made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than any other talent..." (1642-1727, Isaac Newton)

#3 havenoidea

havenoidea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:56 PM

At this point and time it appears that this is the only cd that causes the bsod

#4 havenoidea

havenoidea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

I have tried a few more cd's with the same result. Will try reinstalling anti virus

#5 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

At this point and time it appears that this is the only cd that causes the bsod

If this is the case, and if under no other circumstances the BSOD is occurring, then it is as described in the quote on my previous post.
This particular dvd IS the problem!

You could try getting a different copy of what you're trying to watch, or you could copy it to a different DVD (compatible) and watch it that way.

Do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards

"...if ever I have made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than any other talent..." (1642-1727, Isaac Newton)

#6 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

I have tried a few more cd's with the same result. Will try reinstalling anti virus

Sorry, you must have replied while I was writing my reply, so I never saw this new post.

Please attempt the troubleshooting procedures described in my first post and we can decide then where to go next.

#7 havenoidea

havenoidea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

I have uninstalled my Norton Anti-Virus and now everything is fine, all cd's work with no blue screen. Thank you very much for your help in resolving this problem.

#8 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

I have uninstalled my Norton Anti-Virus and now everything is fine, all cd's work with no blue screen. Thank you very much for your help in resolving this problem.

You are most welcome, I'm glad I was able to help.

All the best.

#RESOLVED#

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users