Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Micro$oft vs. Motorola---Dueling Lawsuits

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

http://www.crn.com/news/applications-os/228200738/touche-motorola-hits-microsoft-with-patent-lawsuit.htm;jsessionid=O0BUS2TVDLu2sDhi8K18Lw**.ecappj01

Touche! Motorola Hits Microsoft With Patent Lawsuit

Motorola is suing Microsoft charging that the software maker's PC and server software, Windows mobile software and Xbox video game system violate 16 Motorola patents. Motorola's lawsuit Wednesday comes on the heels of a pair of patent lawsuits Microsoft just filed against Motorola. Last month Microsoft charged that Motorola's Android-based smartphones violate nine Microsoft patents covering such functions as e-mail synchronization, calendars and contacts, scheduling meetings, and notifying applications of changes in signal strength and battery power.

This week Microsoft sued Motorola for allegedly seeking excessive royalties for wireless and video coding patents used in the Xbox.

Motorola's complaint, filed by subsidiary Motorola Mobility Inc., charges that the Microsoft Windows operating system, Windows Live instant messaging, Microsoft digital video coding and object-oriented software, and the Exchange, Messenger and Outlook applications violate Motorola patents relating to PC and server software.

More at link.

Dueling lawsuits. Anybody choosing sides yet?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

well, Im normally biased against microsoft, and I like motorola, and when it comes down to it think motorola should win, buuuut on the other hand, I think it would be downright hilarious if the judge upheld all of them and let them both win. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Master Qiang

Master Qiang

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

This is ridiculous, they are both rich and get anything they want pretty much. this reminds me of children arguing and like these suits are going to go anywhere lol.

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:01 PM

This is the new norm in software "I've got a patent that lets customers do this on this" and "I've got a device that customers could do this on" and niether side can come to grips that it needs the other

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users