Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Static In Sound from Sound Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 boethe

boethe

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

I have a Creative Audigy 2ZS sound card on a Asus motherboard. Recently the output run to powered speakers has gotten static like an old record. Seems like power cycling initially dealt with problem but recently that does not work. Any suggestions on trouble shooting? How do I know if it is sound card, motherboard, power supply which is causing the problem? The sound card has a head phone jack on an separate component (so it can show on a disk drive port in the front of the case); the head phone jack does not have the static problem.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boethe

boethe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:18 PM

Ok, again a local fix. Complete power cycle and futzing with the jack between the sound card and the amp powering my monitors. Static mostly gone.

Will start shopping for new sound card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users