Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All my PC games lag, despite meeting recommended requirements

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 maimee

maimee

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:41 AM

Hi all,

I've recently got Dragon Age: Origins and Deadrising 2 for the PC, but both these games lag despite meeting recommended PC requirements. I've updated everything and nothing seems to work. Below are my PC specs, can anyone help?

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium
CPU: Intel Pentium® Dual-Core E5400 @ 2.70GHz
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i (Approx. memory: 1401 MB)
DirectX ver.: 11

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 maimee

maimee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

I've just checked the Processes tab in Task Manager and whenever I start up one of these games my CPU shoots up to 100%.

#3 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

Recommended requirements are for just playing the game on the very lowest settings. Try and set all the settings to low. Just double check and see if you have all your driver updates.

Also, if you're playing online it could be your internet.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#4 maimee

maimee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:22 AM

Recommended requirements are for just playing the game on the very lowest settings. Try and set all the settings to low. Just double check and see if you have all your driver updates.

Also, if you're playing online it could be your internet.

I meet the minimum requirements as well as the top-end requirements, that's what I meant to say. All the settings in the games are on their lowest value and I'm still getting lag. My old laptop can play them better than my desktop and it barely meets the minimum requirements.

#5 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

I don't know then exactly. DX11 might be giving you issues, I don't really know.

A dual-core 2.7 GHz and a 7100 don't seem like they meet the high end requirements to me.

What are the approximate framerates you're getting? Do you have a framerate program that'll tell you?

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#6 BohicaPengo

BohicaPengo

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

I had this issue for a brief moment on Windows 7. DirectX 11 was the culprit. Try running the games in DX9. Oh, and do other games lag or just these two? If other games are lagging, download nTune to check the temp of your GPU.

Edited by BohicaPengo, 14 November 2010 - 04:08 PM.

#7 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:50 PM

Games on Windows 7 cannot just suddenly decide to go DirectX 11, they have to be coded for it. Fallout New Vegas and the d3d9.dll trick is a prime example of why running DX9 games on a DX10 or DX11-capable machine can be problematic at times. Most PC games also stress the GPU very heavily, and a GeForce 7 card isn't state-of-the-art. There are exceptions to this, such as Crysis and Final Fantasy XIV, but usually games will stress the GPU more than the CPU depending on how they are coded.

3939.png

#8 pcsimin

pcsimin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

i have the same problem with "warmonger" with i7920 processor two nvidia cards 260 in sli,8gig ddr3 mem. [im not exactly tech minded]but after some messing around with bios although somewhat better im starting to think maybe a lot of the problems with gameing is the amount of info required to transmit through the telephone lines,it simply cannot do it.hence the problem.can anyone please convince me im wrong ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users