Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Redirection and unable to update / install security progams

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vahuna Hargen

Vahuna Hargen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:09 AM

Hello and thanks in advance for you help.

Having purchased this PC from an acquaintance for my son last week, we are unfortunately having redirection problems surfing and difficulties installing or updating security programs.

Using any browser (but I commonly use Chrome) I'm constantly redirected to one of several sites such ASK.com, shagaholic.com, ebay, youtube....
With regards to installing programs Ive tried but failed to install AVG and my ISP's (virgin media) free software. I have managed to install Ad Aware but I cannot update the definitions and have the same problem with all windows updates.

I ran Malwarebytes but the system crashed last night after 14 hours of running and reaching nearly 1.9 million files.

I hope that this info helps

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vahuna Hargen

Vahuna Hargen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:57 AM

I think Ive managed to repair the PC with a couple of tools as Im no longer being redirected, can receive updates and have the speed that one would normally expect.

Therefore please feel free to close this thread.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users