Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battlefield 2 Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xantalen

Xantalen

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:14 PM

Ok I just did a system restore because I was having some problems with my computer. Now I'm trying to play Battlefield 2 again and an error comes up saying:
Failed to load Effect: StaticMesh.fx

StaticMesh.fx(2): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'mods/xpack/shaders/datatypes.fx

Help me out fellas :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:48 AM

well. I don't know exactly what the problem is, but maybe its like missing that file its trying to load or something. If anything, you could always just try reinstalling it and try running again.

#3 piroz

piroz

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2005 - 07:31 PM

yea do a reinstall and remember the game uses gamespy when you use anti spy or anti virus make sure you do not delete files that are from gamespy it will cause problems logging in .and if you freeze up on the kit screen just go to options/controls and hit the reset to default for some reason the game will lose your info happened to me a couple of times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users