Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Interface: Class not registered

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 kingjoser

kingjoser

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:00 AM

When I click on Dependencies in Services, it says,"Interfaces: Class not registered." I've done a little research and I ran the sfc scan now thing. Afterwards, I clicked on Dependencies. It said the same thing again. I dont know what else to do.

Edited by hamluis, 14 November 2010 - 08:31 PM.
Merged 2d topic, same issues ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

See here: http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-services-winmgmt.html

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 kingjoser

kingjoser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:57 AM

I put WMI on Automatic and started it....same problem.

#4 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

What operating system? Custom built PC or name brand? When did the problem start occuring?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

I put WMI on Automatic and started it....same problem.

Did you restart computer?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 kingjoser

kingjoser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite a65-s1062. Im running Windows xp Home edition SP2. Ever since i can remember its had the problem. Its a laptop i bought used off a friend. After i enabled WMI i rebooted.

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

Well, how about fresh Windows installation, since it's a used computer?

My Website

p4433470.gif

#8 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

You can try the following which I found researching the issue:

1. At the command line, type net stop winmgmt. You may get a warning that other services need to be stopped as well; type Y and continue.
2. Open Explorer and go to the folder called %SystemRoot%\System32\WBEM\Repository.
3. Delete that folder and everything in it( or just rename it by adding _old).
4. Reboot the system normally.
5. On the next login, open a command prompt and type the following commands in this order:
winmgmt /clearadap
winmgmt /kill
winmgmt /unregserver
winmgmt /regserver
winmgmt /resyncperf

This procedure will force the WINMGMT service to re-register itself as well, although, if WMI is damaged, re-registering can be a problem. If this approach does not work, an in-place upgrade (or better yet a clean install as Broni suggested) might be required.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#9 kingjoser

kingjoser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

ok. How do i do a fresh windows installation? Im adept to computer using, but not a wizard or anything. Could u walk me through it? =)

#10 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

Regarding fresh installation....you must be aware, that all your data will be gone, so, if you have anything important there, back it up first.

Do you have any recovery CD for your computer?
If you don't, your Toshiba may have recovery partition...
Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on. Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears, where you should start tapping the zero key repeatedly. Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears. The screen should flash ** HDD RECOVERY MODE ** for a split second, then load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#11 kingjoser

kingjoser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:31 AM

I followed ur instructions exactly. I stopped pressing 0 when my computer beeped. But it just started up normaly. I tried it three different times, but nothing. the only thing it did was beep. I dont have a cd.

#12 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:44 AM

You can buy a copy of XP from a local computer shop

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#13 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

Im running Windows xp Home edition SP2

Make sure, Windows updates are current, including installing Service Pack 3.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#14 kingjoser

kingjoser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

I did install sp3. i guess something went wrong because my computer says i have sp2. im thinking it has something to do with windows installer. when i was installing sp3, almost towards the end it said something like,"installation was unable to continue because a missing (something) could not be found for windows installer." and it asked me for the location of QuickProjects to continue. (sorry for the something, i quite dont remember. but that was most of it.) and till now the windows installer does not work as well.

Edited by kingjoser, 14 November 2010 - 05:22 PM.

#15 kingjoser

kingjoser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

When i click on My computer to view the (d:) or (C:) drives, it takes at least 3 minutes for it to appear. theres this little flashlight going back and forth. this started happening when i downloaded and installed starburn and save tube video. they came together. then i uninstalled them both. thats when this problem started occuring. first thought was a virus. so i scanned my computer, but no viruses. help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users