Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Installer Service Problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dreamlonging

dreamlonging

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:55 AM

Hi! My operating System is Windows Vista Business and I first noticed I was having Problems when I tried to update iTunes and this message appeared:
"The older version of Bonjour cannot be removed."
Now, this might be because I may have tried to uninstall Bonjour in the past because I thought
I didn't need it.
So, I wanted to uninstall iTunes and then reinstall it. There, I saw that Bonjour and iTunes were both
listed as existing programs but they had the white page icon instead of the normal ones. When I pressed
on uninstall it started to uninstall but the following Windows Installer messages appeared:
"The feature you are trying to usais on a resource that is currently unavailable." and then:
"The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you
can acess it."
I found out that this is a Windows Problem, as when I checked the Microsoft help site they recommended
starting Windows in safe mode and trying to uninstall. Another error message appeared, telling me that
Windows Installer Service had encountered a problem and that maybe it was having problems.
I tried downloading new Windows Installers, but I just got error messages.
I also went into the Apple Software Update file folder and clicked on "Bonjour"
and "Itunes" but it just told me that I can't access a problem that has been uninstalled. But if it's uninstalled, why does the file still show up?
What is wrong and what can I do?

Edited by dreamlonging, 12 November 2010 - 04:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dreamlonging

dreamlonging
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:56 AM

Fixed it! It's the "iTunes msi Problem" and the solution can be found here for anyone with the same problem: http://getsatisfaction.com/apple/topics/itunes_keeps_asking_for_itunes_msi_in_windows
only I had to do the same thing for bonjour too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users