Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 will not load

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LoSt GhoSt

LoSt GhoSt

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

Hello Guys,

I have been in this forum for a short while but never posted because I have been able to find every solution to my problems. This is a great site. But now I am stuck.

Quick Summery:

A friend asked to if I could fix her laptop. It is a Sony Vaio VGN-CS215J. She did not give me any CDs for it. It has Windows 7 64-Bit installed. I turn it on, loads up fine. Gives me the Windows logo, automatically login and that is where the problem is at. It will give me a yellow background (They have a picture that loads up with a yellow background as her wallpaper) and nothing more. I can't log out, if I hit alt+ctrl+delete, it wont do anything. I can't back anything up so she wont let me do a fresh install. I'm stuck at that and I am have to do a forced shut down to restart it.

What I have tried:

Safe mode: Does nothing. Will load up, login and give me a black screen. Can not log off, switch users or bring up Task Manager. Must do a forced shut down.
Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt: Will load CMD Prompt and use command: sfc/scannow. The command will get accepted but then does nothing. Wont run the command.

Run System Recovery

(From last to first)

Command Prompt Tried run sfc/scannow. Wont allow me.

"Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again".

Restarted twice. Still no go.

Update: Tried this again this this is what it says. "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service".

Windows Memory Diagnostic: No problem. Good to go.

System Image Recovery: "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer". Dunno what else to do with this option.

System Restore: I tried to restore to the very first restore point it has stored. It does its "magic", restarts the computer and.... nothing. Still have the same problem.

Startup Repair: When I run this option. This is what it gives me.

Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically sending more information can help Microsoft creat solutions.

- Send information about this problem (recommended)
- Don't Send

Problem signature:
Problem event name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem signature 01: 6.0.6001.18000
Problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem signature 03: unknown
Problem signature 04: 32
Problem signature 05: ExternalMedia
Problem signature 06: 1
Problem signature 07: OsVersionMismatch
OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Then it tells me:

If you have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a cmera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see this message, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance".

Bios Gone into the bios. Only thing it lets me do is:

Main: Gives me the machines info and only thing I can change is the date and time.
Security: Password related.
Boot: Change Boot sequence.
Exit: Exit Bios, change/save, set to default settings.

That is it. This is the most simplified Bios I have ever seen.

My understanding of the situation:

Apparently the computer shows something is still connect yet it doesn't know what so its confusing it making it act like this or.... bad video card driver???

Someone please help me before I chunk this piece of bleep out the window!!!! lol (haha funny how it changes my bad language to bleep)

Thanks in advance

Jesse

Edited by LoSt GhoSt, 11 November 2010 - 09:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LoSt GhoSt

LoSt GhoSt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

By the way, I'm still a noob to the world of computers so please feel free to correct me but don't hold back your knowledge. I am comfortable with google lol

#3 LoSt GhoSt

LoSt GhoSt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

Nobody knows hun? :/

Ok, so after trying some other stuff, I am able to get to windows safe mode by going to "Directory Service Restore Mode".

My question here is, how do I understand what this means?

Problem signature:
Problem event name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem signature 01: 6.0.6001.18000
Problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem signature 03: unknown
Problem signature 04: 32
Problem signature 05: ExternalMedia
Problem signature 06: 1
Problem signature 07: OsVersionMismatch
OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Alright, So I have downloaded Highjackthis and an "aftermarket" Task Manager called DtaskManager. I will try to get a log from Highjackthis. Can I post it here or is there a sub-forum it should be posted at?

Thanks for you help in advance

Jesse

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

Try running diagnostics on the hard drive for any errors.

#5 LoSt GhoSt

LoSt GhoSt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:43 PM

Alrighty, set to run the test. Now here is another problem, I can't restart, log off or shut down the computer because it will freeze on the logging off screen. And I have to log back on in "Directory Service Restore Mode" because regular windows or safe mode will not work. Will this be a problem?

Edited by LoSt GhoSt, 12 November 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

Alright, break through!!!!!!

I did the HD Scan and set it to fix any sectors. It restarted on its own and gave me the yellow screen again when loading Windows normally. But after a min or two, my desktop showed up!!!!!

Did a hijackthis log but cam up with an error.

HijackThis Message:

For some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file. If any hijacked domain are in this file, HijackThis may NOT be able to fix this.

If that happens, you need to edit the file yourself. To do this, click Start, Run and type:

notepad C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

and press Enter. Find the lines(s) Hijackthis reports and delete them.

For Vista, simply, exit HijackThis, right click on the HijackThis icon choose 'Run as administrator'.

I saved this from your last post and then deleted it. No HJT logs are allowed in the Windows 7 forum.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

Can you try creating another profile and see if you get the same results?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users