Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphone Problem (Front Panel Audio)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tb75252

tb75252

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

I just installed an ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 along with driver v. 5.12.8.1792. The OS used is Windows XP Pro SP3 (32-bit).

I was hoping that by inserting the headphone jack into the appropriate front panel audio port, the audio through my speakers would be cut off and the only audio output would be through the headphone.

That is not happening. Instead, the audio through my speakers continues and there is no audio through the headphone. Only after I launch Xonar DX Audio Center, and under Analog Out select Headphone, I get audio through the headphone and the audio through the speakers stops.

There must be some setting somewhere that I am missing, right? I can't find any help about this in the FAQ or Troubleshooting sections or Google.

PS: The front panel audio connector is securely connected to the front panel header of the audio card. If it weren't so, I would not get any audio from the headphone at all. :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tyya

tyya

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

sorry,i am not sure/.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users