Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strategy based Space Game?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HydroLar

HydroLar

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

I am looking for a free, strategy based game set in space or on another planet that I can play on my computer. Something like a galaxy civilization game. Any suggestions anyone?
Posted Image

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BohicaPengo

BohicaPengo

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

I've downloaded a few classics from this site. Have a look and see if there is anything you like. These games are legit :police:

Free PC Strategy Games

#3 HydroLar

HydroLar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

That site is absolutely loaded with strategy games! It's perfect - thanks! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

If it wasn't for the free part, I would suggest Galactic Civilizations II.

3939.png

#5 HydroLar

HydroLar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

If it wasn't for the free part, I would suggest Galactic Civilizations II.

Funny you should mention that. I've been looking at PC games at GamesStop and always see that game but have hesitated getting it. I already have enough games to play such as Uncharted II, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto Liberty City and Blazing Angels all for the PS3 which I could only hook up to my TV (PC monitor is too old).

But the TV occupied quite a bit so I need a game I can play on my PC. I have read that Galactic Civilizations II is somewhat like a space 'civilization IV' game. I think I'm now convinced to pick up the game next time I'm at GameStop...
Posted Image

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:00 AM

Galactic Civilizations II is a massive game with several expansions that make it even more huge. It does play like Civilization in space but it also doesn't take itself too seriously. The development team behind the game are huge sci-fi fans and it shows, but they also have an amazing sense of humor. Read the completed research reports as they are finished for a few chuckles. For instance, the terraforming tech yields the following summary for xeno farming: "Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY... " And for sci-fi geeks out there, guess where this reference comes from with the terraforming project: "The Genesis effect er, we mean the terraforming planetary improvement allows us to bring life, from lifelessness says Dr. Carol Markus."

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users