Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirecting Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flowerpuff

flowerpuff

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:37 PM

So I have a Dell and am using Windows XP. I think I got a virus or maybe even a couple. It started when my computer started working really slow and then when I restarted it I got the Blue Screen Error. I was able to get back to my desktop when I restarted with the last known configuration. I think that was caused by the Registry Defender virus. I think I got rid of it but then when I try to search in yahoo every page I click on is redirected to some advertisement page. The bottom of the page always displays mx1.3371 or something similar with different numbers. I also sometimes get popups saying that something is wrong with a Win32 application. I have been researching and someone said to try and disable TDSSserv.sys but I cannot find that in my device manager. My AVG protection has stopped some malware a few times and I have been running malwarebytes but it hasn't picked up anything. When malwarebytes does find a few infected files when I remove them it says that "some files were unable to be removed". Then when I restart the computer I get the Blue Error screen again. Should I do the command CHKDSK? I hear some people fixed the redirect virus with combofix but I won't try anything unless I'm told to. PLEASE HELP!!

Edited by flowerpuff, 11 November 2010 - 06:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users