Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Agp 4x Vs. Agp 8x

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CASTIGLIANO

CASTIGLIANO

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:01 PM

Is AGP 8x a big difference against AGP 4x. I'm using a Nvidia FX5200 graphics card and it supports AGP 8x. but my mobo's max is AGP 8x.

do i need to change my mobo.? wil the change in speed noticesable?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

No, the difference between 8x and 4x in games are a few percent, varying depending on the game. Definitely not worth upgrading for.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 Saxif

Saxif

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, I have to agree there. AGP 8x hasn't worked out to be much more than a marketing gimmick since any speed increases really aren't noticeable to the end user.

If you were going to upgrade your mobo at this point, get one with PCI Express, which will be the new standard for video cards for the forseeable future. AGP of any flavor is definitely on the way out.

#4 CASTIGLIANO

CASTIGLIANO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:20 AM

tanx GUyS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users