Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS OUTLOOK spontanious opening error..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Black_knight

Black_knight

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:45 AM

I have been having problems with MS outlook. well, the problem is not really Outlook itself, but its being triggered to open by itself. I have gone through almost every website that talks about problems with outlook and done what i can. here is the situation. at first, MS outlook started opening itself and requesting me to create a profile, well I have never used outlook and don't intend on using it, the problem persisted, and I had gotten fed up with the situation, so I have completely removed MS outlook and Outlook Express from my system. I have found out that in internet explorer there is an option for the default mailing program, with the options of MS outlook, Outlook express, and windows live hotmail, well I do use hotmail, so I chose that option, after I did that, internet explorer started opening multiple pages of hotmail which also drove me nuts so i reverted back to the option of using MS Outlook (which doesn't exist on the device because I deleted it) but now I continuously get a message that tells me exactly that, that the program is not found and if the problem persists that I should re-install it (no way on earth am I going to do that, unless I find the source of the problem). I have removed the .MSI files through opening "installer" in the command console, and did a couple of minor modifications in MSCONFIG.. anyways, no topping on the cake.

What should I do and how can you help me with this situation, there are no viruses detected and I do have a registry cleaner.

Edited by hamluis, 18 November 2010 - 07:17 PM.
Moved from All Other Applicatons to Business Applications.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

FWIW: Outlook Express is part of IE...it cannot be removed from Windows.

Outlook is is the email client which installs with MS Office for users who don't do custom installs of MS Office. Outlook can be removed via Add/Remove Programs.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users