Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Surfer123

Surfer123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

Edit: PROBLEM SOLVED. Thanks!! :)

First, I'd like to say I am extremely grateful this community exists. Although this is my first post, I've already used the resources here to solve some of my trojan problems as I will explain in this post.

I have been receiving multiple trojan virus risks every time I run a full scan via Symantec AntiVirus 10.2.3.3000. They are always the same risks as the last time that I ran it (most of them were java exploits such as sufaservice.class, email.class... etc). The "Action" column always said they were quarantined but there were never any files under the quarantine window of Symantec nor in the quarantine folder and when I try to right click the virus in the status box during/post-searches to permanently delete the files, it would give me a prompt saying "Symantec AntiVirus cannot perform this action on # of the files you selected. Possible causes: - The files have been moved or deleted..." I didn't notice my computer running any slower or causing any problems so for a couple weeks I just kept running the full scan and keeping my Symantec updated hoping there would be an update to solve the problem. But it never solved the problem and continued to show me that I had these risks but they were "quarantined". There was no original location so I couldn't even just delete the infected folder.

Eventually I got more time on my hands and did an extensive google search and found these forums where someone said most of those trojans were java exploits so I deleted anything I could find on my system that had the do with java including any folders that had to do with java and reinstalled it. Now all the java exploit trojans are gone when I do full scans but there are still two left (which have the same name/location so I think it's the same file) that I can not get rid of. They are trojans with the file name seren1ty. Risk Type: File; Compressed file. Original Location ">>[name].zip".

I tried doing a full system search in normal and safe mode for seren1ty as well as [name] but couldn't find anything. Also tried malwarebytes... before I start paying for McAfee and downloading free antivirus programs, I thought I'd try my luck here. Any suggestions on how to remove them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Surfer123, 11 November 2010 - 05:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Surfer123

Surfer123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

Edit: PROBLEM SOLVED. Thanks!! :)

Edited by Surfer123, 11 November 2010 - 05:09 AM.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users