Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ipod touch screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bobbies

bobbies

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

I have just bought a 32GB ipod touch. I have pluged it into my laptop but it doesn't show up in My Computer. Also will i be able to transfer all my mp3s

from my laptop to the ipod, or do you have to buy your songs from itunes. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

Have you installed Itunes yet?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 bobbies

bobbies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:03 AM

Hi, sorry i haven't been back to answer for a while. I have downloaded itunes, after several attempts and kept getting error messages.I have seen on other sights that getting error messages is quite common.On I tunes i am suppossed to see my ipod under devises in the left hand pane. there is no devises listed to see my ipod.

When i switched the ipod on, two little icons came on like batteries and showed very little power in the ipod, but when you plug the ipod into the laptop it doesn't show it charging like i have seen it on another mp3 player i had. So i don't know if it's even charging. Iknow it isn't supposed to show up on my computer, but why isnt it showing on itunes.

I have been on their help pages and have't got anyhere. I might be mistaken but it looks like you have to pay to talk to an assistant to talk you through it. I have paid over 200 for this 32gb ipod and can't get it to work.

Is there anyone who can talk me through it please, before i throw it out the window.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

Please take a look at the following links:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1495

http://www.apple.com/support/ipodtouch/assistant/itunes/

If those don't help then I can help further. :)

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#5 bobbies

bobbies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:45 AM

O/K i have turned the ipod off and then back on again, the apple logo comes up, but what then.

As i said before it dosen't show up under devices in itunes because i dont have a device icon or anything there. There is nothing in the left hand pane that says devices. When i plug the ipod into my laptop it dosen't even show it's charging or, not or if it's fully charged.

When it's pluged into my laptop the screen is just black, is it supposed to be like that. How do you tell if it's fully charged, or even if it's charging at all.

When i had my other mp3 player which wasn't a well known one, i just copied my music albums over from my laptop with no bother.The first thing that was mentioned as to let it charge up for a couple of hours, now i have purchased
a reasonable expensive one i m having all this trouble. Why do we have to have itunes anyway.

I won't be recomending this player to anyone.

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:48 AM

Do you have a second computer to plug the iPod into? Maybe your usb port is bad. The iPod will show a battery on screen while it is charging. Does the iPod get past the apple logo? The devices column wont show up until a device needs to be listed.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#7 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:01 PM

Does your i-pod dock (sync) to the computer??

In other words...Does it say syncing when you connect it?

If it does not then try another computer with I-tunes or another cable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users