Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My wife computer.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gabrielman

gabrielman

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

Hi all, it's been a while since I have been on, lol family life! Well now I have to ask about my wife's computer. She tried to turn it on this morning, and when she did she got a screen saying it couldn't start, so it would check out why and try to do a repair. This comes after a few other problems she has had with it, including not being able to attach files to her emails from word. I can have her give you more data on what is going on. But for the most part I am not sure if I can describe anything else wrong. Aside from her messenger not working right recently as well, nothing seemed to be majorly wrong. It just did that this morning and now it has gotten her and I both very worried. I am having her run a virus scan, and will post the results (Just in case) but if anyone here thinks they know what is causing this, we would love to hear from you! Or if you know how to find out what is going on.

Thanks again and God Bless!
Gabrielman

PS: almost forgot, she has Vista Home Premium 32 bit, just like me, on an HP Desktop.

(and the title should be my Wife's Computer, not my wife computer... -_- )

Edited by gabrielman, 10 November 2010 - 01:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

What did that error about Windows being unable to start actually say?

#3 gabrielman

gabrielman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:20 AM

We didn't see it in time, we weren't in the room, but when we came back it said it couldn't start and would try a repair start and look for a solution to the problem. As it stands I am we are backing up all of her important files. :busy: but if it happens again (she is afraid to turn it off right now, I don't blame her....) I will take note of it. I know windows has a way to check the hard disk, so I think I will have that done asap, but any other ideas to find out what is wrong with it?

#4 gabrielman

gabrielman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

The Check Disk is taking a very long time, and she has her school work to do, so is it okay if she cancels the check disk, and if so, how does one go about doing that?

Never mind, it is working faster all of the sudden....

Edited by gabrielman, 11 November 2010 - 04:19 PM.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

I would recommend that you do not cancel it, and perform her school work on another computer.

#6 gabrielman

gabrielman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:57 PM

Okay, it finished, so now I will try to find the log, if there is one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users