Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking 3 business locations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:04 AM

I have a customer who wants me to setup her business network. The businesses are in the different cities. I wish to use cloud computing and Meru networks. Anyone familiar? She can't afford Cisco networking, so I'm trying to find alternatives for her. I've researched BMC Force solutons and Oracle Solaris 10. She just want's to do inventory and other bookkeeping like Quickbooks. Thanks,Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

Not really enough information here to give any sound advice. Does she need to be in constant contact with all three at the same time or would being able to access any of the businesses at will suit the needs?

You may want to look into a VPN based solution which can be implement throught the server, if each location has one, or through small business VPN routers which run only a few hundred US dollars. That would allow her to access certain PC's/files/ect per what you setup & the network structure on the remote side. As an added bonus VPN's ,if you are not familiar, are routed across the internet securely using your existing internet connection. The only thing you may have to do if they are to be persistant connections is to up you internet bandwidth to account for the additional load being placed by the VPN traffic.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:01 AM

Thanks Baltboy, I'll research virtual private networking and see if it is right for her. Sorry if the question was obscure, I too need to brush up on my internet skills. I'm looking at "Netgear ProSafe 5ap" software & Firewall router. Anyone use this product?

Edited by audioAl, 14 November 2010 - 05:36 AM.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users