Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pink Screen?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostlilly

Ghostlilly

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:39 AM

So today I booted up my computer, and what the crap!?!?!? Its pink!?!!?!? It seemed to go away, but every time I leave it alone it turns pink again. It also is turning pink really fast when I turn the light intensity down on the screen. :( Anyone that can help me figure out what wrong and if I can fix it for cheep and easy?

Oh! Its a Dell inspiron E1405, on MS Windows XP Professional. I guess it has a Plug and Play Monitor on Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saradalton

saradalton

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:29 AM

that's strange.. did you try another monitor to find out either it's monitor's color scheme problem or your CPU is causing it?

#3 bradumd

bradumd

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

As saradalton stated, try an external monitor and see if the same thing occurs.

To me it sounds either like the monitor on your laptop is failing or the integrated graphics chip is malfunctioning.

#4 Ghostlilly

Ghostlilly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

It would appear that the problem is the actual screen. Not the graphics card. :( I plugged it into another monitor and recreated it and it has the pink on my notebooks screen and not on the monitor. How on earth could I fix something like that?!?!? O-o

#5 bradumd

bradumd

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

Unfortunately you won't be able to fix it on your own.

Does it happen to be under warranty still?

You can try speaking to dell's customer support to see if they can do anything for you.

If not, your best bet is to take it to a computer shop to get their diagnostic, but even after that there is no guarantee they can do anything about it.
If they are, it will most likely be very expensive, at which point you need to weigh all of your choices. Is it worth it to pay for the fix, or is getting a new computer the better investment?

Edited by bradumd, 13 November 2010 - 04:34 PM.

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

New screens are around 100 bucks plus shipping. If your computer savvy you can replace it yourself and breath new life back into the laptop. You can find instructions on the disassemble process here it does not cover everything however.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users