Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ntldr compressed use ctrl+alt+del to restart

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thedevman1

thedevman1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

Ok I have been hit by viruses before and was able to go into safe mode,run my spyware doctor and take care of it.
This time after many attempts I cannot get my pc to restart due to the message "ntldr compressed use Ctrl+alt+del to restart" I do this and it just restarts it but nothing else.

I even did a destructive recovery and still get the same message and result.

I have also gone into the recovery by putting the recovery disc in, restarting the computer and following the instructions. Press "R" to recover or "Q" to quit and boot the OS to the hard drive. Again NOTHIN.
I have read other posts that say to enter the number 1 in the recovery menu but there is no place to put it so I can put commands that I'v eseen on other posts that are supposed to work.

I can't access the command prompt or msconfig or anything! I've never seen something like this. I can't remeber the name of the fake program that was telling me "you're infected use this program". I do however remeber that it made my screen kind of a dark blue with what looked like it was embossed. It alos had huge red letters in the background telliing me I was infected.
The fake program was kind of a pinkish red too.
I need to find a way to get into an error log/ This one has me stumped. HELP!!!!!

Edited by hamluis, 09 November 2010 - 02:19 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedevman1

thedevman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

Ok I have been hit by viruses before and was able to go into safe mode,run my spyware doctor and take care of it.
This time after many attempts I cannot get my pc to restart due to the message "ntldr compressed use Ctrl+alt+del to restart" I do this and it just restarts it but nothing else.

I even did a destructive recovery and still get the same message and result.

I have also gone into the recovery by putting the recovery disc in, restarting the computer and following the instructions. Press "R" to recover or "Q" to quit and boot the OS to the hard drive. Again NOTHIN.
I have read other posts that say to enter the number 1 in the recovery menu but there is no place to put it so I can put commands that I'v eseen on other posts that are supposed to work.

I can't access the command prompt or msconfig or anything! I've never seen something like this. I can't remeber the name of the fake program that was telling me "you're infected use this program". I do however remeber that it made my screen kind of a dark blue with what looked like it was embossed. It alos had huge red letters in the background telliing me I was infected.
The fake program was kind of a pinkish red too.
I need to find a way to get into an error log/ This one has me stumped. HELP!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users