Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear DG834Gv5 Router

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mattytun1514

mattytun1514

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

Hi ive got a "netgear DG834Gv5 router" ive changed the default password in the "netgear smart wizard" but when i log onto IE and put in 192.168.0.1 the box pops up telling me to put in username/password i still have to log in with the default password.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

Log back into the router with the defaults, change it again and make sure to save your changes.

Another thing you can try is to clear the cache and restart the browser.

Let me know how it went.
| A+ | Net+ | MCDST | MCITP |

"...if ever I have made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than any other talent..." (1642-1727, Isaac Newton)

#3 mattytun1514

mattytun1514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:36 PM

thanks worked that time ive now changed the default log in password

#4 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

You're welcome, glad I could help.
| A+ | Net+ | MCDST | MCITP |

"...if ever I have made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than any other talent..." (1642-1727, Isaac Newton)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users