Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote into a 2008 server from a Win 7 machine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CheeseSteak

CheeseSteak

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:42 AM

I have two windows 7 pro machines and 2 xp pro machines. Every once in a while I need to remote into the 2008 server at work. I can do that perfectly fine when I am using my XP machines. With my Windows 7 machines, I can remote into any workstation at work but it will not allow me to remote into the 2008 server. It asks me to enter my credentials (I try typing in the admin username and password but it doesn't work). It doesn't bring me to the usual full screen where I need to put the username and password to join the domain, a different box pops up asking me for credentials. From what I read, I can log onto 2008 server with Win 7. What am I doing wrong???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

Are you using the Remote Desktop Tool located in Start > All Programs > Accessories?

#3 CheeseSteak

CheeseSteak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

Yes I am...Remote Desktop Connection

#4 CheeseSteak

CheeseSteak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

Anybody?

#5 cps68500

cps68500

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:24 PM

Is this a local admin account? Preface the account name with the machine name... like so: myserver\administrator

#6 CheeseSteak

CheeseSteak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:49 PM

Weird. That wasn't the case with XP. I wonder why you have to do that now? And yes it worked so thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users