Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chbinasheville

chbinasheville

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:54 AM

I found this site after getting my browser re-directed by guide1.net and after running the Combofix my system seems to be running so much faster and I haven't had the re-direct yet. There was something found by the program with "roaming" in the identifying line. I hope this fixed it.
Another thing I've noticed is that my cpu is running at only ten percent now. It was pegged all the time before. I did scans with Avast, Ad-Aware and Gooredfix with out any help. Thanks for the great help! If anyone wants to see the log file I can paste it here.
Curt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:44 AM

I'm glad that you were successful, but ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by a member of our Malware Removal Team who has been properly trained in its use. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

To have your log file analyzed do the following:

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users