Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

free printer driver

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 leapy

leapy

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:29 AM

Hi, could someone please help me to find a free printer driver download for my epson stylus color 680. I have windows 7 32 bit, I have been to many websites that say they are free but eventualy they have all wanted money. Thanking you in anticipation Leapy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:00 AM

Windows XP has built-in support for the following Epson Printer Products: Stylus Color 680
Epson Drivers

also...
From the Epson site

If you use the Epson Windows 2000 or Windows 2000/XP drivers from the Epson Support web site you will receive all functions and features the printer offer. If you use the Microsoft Windows XP built-in driver, you will be able to print but you will not be able to use the following functions:

* Ability to check your ink levels
* Ability to print at 2880dpi (if your printer supports that resolution)
* Advanced Color Management features
* Advanced Page Layout features like watermarks, multi-page support, or doublesided printing (if your printer supports this feature)

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:49 AM

It also seems likely that Windows 7 has a native driver:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Epson%20Stylus%20Color%20680%20Inkjet%20Printer&v=Epson&uid=C383031&l=en-US&pf=0&pi=0&s=epson%20stylus%20color%20680&os=32-bit

"This product installs automatically without extra software."

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users