Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no video after starting windows screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nixgod

nixgod

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

I just unboxed a hp pro 3000 sff pc that has windows 7 on it. it starts to boot up but after the window starting screen appears the monitor goes black and stays that way. i let it sit for 15 min but it still stays black. i went into the bios and tried to change the video options for memory and wether to us the onboard or a pci card. tried to boot into safe mode but it would come up that i could not complete setup in safe mode. i have not even started the intial setup on this pc. i am using the vga connection and do not have the ability to use the dvi connection. not sure what else to try

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:59 PM

Your best bet would be to pick up the phone and get HP support to help you since its brand new.

#3 nixgod

nixgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:03 PM

from what i found on the support site it is not available until the morning was hoping to get some suggestions before then

#4 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

Hp is a global company. It is always business hours somewhere. Support is available 24/7:
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact/phone_assist.html#section1

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

Zuhl3156 is dead on with her suggestion.

Do not risk voiding the warranty on a new machine. I understand wanting to get it up and running. But I would hold HP`s feet to the fire on a brand new machine.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:29 AM

Take it back to the store from which you got it.

#7 Bluesfire

Bluesfire

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

This happened to me, when boooting tap F8 until you get the safe mod options. Select "Repair Your computer" Go through the dialouges, and you can select "Reapair boot problems" or something like that.It should be blatantly obvious.Let it do it's thing and try again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users