Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop not starting - virus - malware -Hard drive?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bludragoon

bludragoon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

On friday as I turned the computer on and went to get my coffee. When I returned I found a black screen with the arrow in the middle of the screen. Rebooting the first thing that came up was the HP screen, then something I never saw before - a message at the bottom of the screen said "windows is loading files". Next the Microsoft Corporation runner starts at the bottom of screen, takes longer the normal, next the screen goes black for a time, then the arrow shows up in the middle of the screen. That's it, the hard drive light blinks a little but that's it. I have tried the safe mode but still no startup. As I try this procedure a few times the computer gets piss and beeps about 11 times. The only thing I can think of is I have a bad virus of maybe I need a new hard drive. Can't use virus or malware remover as I can't get the computer to start. Any one have any ideas?

I have a HP HDX X16-1160us Notebook PC. Sys: VISTA 32. One year old.

Bludragoon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:19 AM

Do you have a Vista DVD at hand, or, when tapping f8 on startup, do you see the option "repair windows"? If so, please perform a startup repair

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users